Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Flat tires and Flowers

Today started out as a bad day.  Well, not really.  But I got ready for work, had my lunch ready to go, and was actually going to be a few minutes early.  I backed out of the garage, and beat the school bus out of my road.  When I was stopped at the light at the bottom of my road, I noticed my low pressure light was on.

On a sidenote here- any of those dashboard lights freak me the heck out.  It ALWAYS means something bad.  My first experience with a dashboard light was the check engine light- about 30 seconds before the engine blew.  So call me what you will, but I take those lights VERY seriously!!!

So I made it to the gas station so I could check my tires.  The driver's side tires were fine.  Then I made it to the other side.  Front tire- going flat.  Perfect.  Because I can totally handle a flat tire, right?

HA!

I got back into my car, and called my Daddy.  Who else would I call?  He always has the answers- and has managed to keep me calm and functioning through several Meghan crises.  I proceed to have a minor meltdown.... not because I can't handle it, but because that's just what I do.  When this stuff happens to me, I melt down.  Ask me to handle anyone else's problems, I am good.  When its me, forget it!  

(I also blame the meltdown on the fact that this is the first deployment problem I've had to figure out on my own- which is why I am so glad I can always call Daddy to help me.) 

So Daddy tells me what to do, I call Triple A, they put my spare on, I take the tire to be fixed.  When this was all said and done, I was only an hour late for work, and it only cost me $26 to have the tire repaired.  Apparently the nail that went through my tire picked a good spot- smack in the middle- so it was easily repairable.  What a relief.


So that kinda started my day on a bad note- and I really thought it would be downhill from there.  

Now, I don't know how Randy does it, but he has always managed to "be there" when I need him.  Last deployment, I was sick for a solid month.  I finally went to the doctor, and was there for 3 hours (they had forgotten about me!)  I came home, and there were 4 letters in the mail from him.  It's not like he really has any control over that- but boy did that make me feel about a million times better almost instantly!!


Today, after my sucky morning, I got this delivered to my office:





My absolute favorite- Yellow roses!

Like I said, I know he has no way of controlling this, but just when I start feeling sad, or bummed out that I don't have him around, he comes popping in someway somehow.  I just love him for that!

The card cracked me up too- "Because I'm effing awesome.  Love, Me"

He thinks very highly of himself- and he should!!  ;)

1 comment: