Sunday, March 6, 2011

30 day project- Day 19

Day 19- A picture and a letter



How about a picture of LOTS of letters?







There's a container in our basement that has nothing but deployment letters in it- letters that I sent, letters that Randy sent, letters that our family and friends sent.  

If I were to guess, I'd say there's probably right around 450-500 letters in there.  Randy asked me to write every day, so there's a letter a day from 2 deployments, plus all the miscellaneous moto-mails that I sent, and then on top the mail from me, there are cards from classes of children, and family, and friends.  Its probably even more than 500.  I'm not even about to try to count all that though!


(You can also see in the container my super-anal, way too organized self shining through.  I have ziploc bags labeled with letters to him, to me, letters from friends, along with the dates the letters cover.  I think I'm crazy.)

Three deployments worth of letters.  

I haven't quite figured out why I'm saving all of this.  But I just can't bring myself to throw any of it away.  It's an entire chunk of our lives written out- how can I part with that?

After this deployment, I think we are going to need a bigger box!

No comments:

Post a Comment