Friday, March 11, 2011

30 day project- Day 24

Day 24- A picture of something you wish you could change

I've been sitting here staring at this title for a good hour trying to figure out something I would like to change.  The obvious answer for me at the moment just seems unfair.  Of course I wish that I could change the fact that my husband is gone right now, but in the world of the military, all that really means is that someone else's husband would be away in Randy's place.  And to me, that's just not fair. 



So, if there was one thing I would change, especially lately, it would be the media's coverage of our servicemembers who are serving in Iraq, and now in Afghanistan.  I wish that our brave men and women got as much front page coverage as silly celebrities with their silly problems. 

These people give up their families, friends, furbabies, and all the comforts of home to protect our freedom, and somehow that barely rates a headline these days.  Something about that just doesn't sit well with me, and I really wish there was something I could do to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment