Wednesday, March 16, 2011

30 day project- Day 29

Day 29- A picture of someone you miss

*I switched the days around again- I didn't want to end my 30 day project on a downer....

Arlington National Cemetery



I miss Uncle Willard.  He's actually my great uncle, and the closest to a grandparent I've ever had.  This August will be 10 years since he passed away- which I can hardly believe.

I miss him more now I think, mostly because there's so many things I wish I would have asked him, especially when it comes to the military now.  I wish he could have met Randy- I know he would have loved him, and would have been so proud of him. 

He was completely crotchety, and grumpy all the time it seemed, but I still miss him.  He lived with us for a while when I was in 7th grade.  He made us all crazy, practically every single day. 

The day before he passed away I got my first tattoo.  He was in a veteran's hospital up in New York, and had called us, and for one reason or another, I didn't tell him about that.  I wish I had- mostly so I could have heard his reaction haha. 

But I remember that last conversation- and I remember that I did NOT tell him that I loved him before I passed the phone off to my sister.  I don't think I'll ever get over that.  I know he knew that I loved him.... but I'll always be mad at myself for that.  Early the next morning, I answered the phone when the hospital called to tell my mom that he had died.  

I don't think I'll ever stop missing him.  



No comments:

Post a Comment