Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My deployment goals

(This is another effort to focus on the positive aspects of my husband going away for 7 months.) 

So at this point, we are days away from THE DAY.  I'm doing my best to hold it together, and try to look beyond D-Day.  

Before deployment, I think all of us wives set "goals" for ourselves.  These things may be completely insignificant, or big huge financial goals or things involving children and family. 



Either way, we have our list of things to do, and things we want to get done and make happen while the boys are away.  It makes the time go by a bit faster, and makes things seem more manageable when you can see you are getting stuff done.

A lot of my deployment goals are centered around money, because yes, we do make a little more when the guys are deployed.  But let me tell you- I'd give up every penny of it if it means Randy could stay home!

So- my goals for this deployment, in no particular order:

1.  Pay off my car.  (This isn't totally fair to list this-deployment or not, I am done paying for my car in June.)  Along with this- possibly pay off the truck.  This may be a stretch, but I'm going to try. 

2.  Get organized and clean out.  This will be helpful in the fall, when the movers will have that much less CRAP to pack and move for us.

3.  Lose 15-20 lbs.  I think every single deployment girl I know has this goal.  Somehow its easier to lose weight when the guys aren't around.  Maybe its stress, maybe its because most marines I know are human garbage disposals.... and unfortunately, when he eats, I eat..... 

4.  Have a savings account again Well, at least a healthy looking one!

5.  Have at least one fun something to look forward to each month.  It can be something simple- like a one hour massage.  It doesn't have to be anything major.  It just needs to be SOMETHING that will make the time go by faster.  Although I have big things planned too- an Easter trip to California, and a halfway trip to Asheville, NC!

6.  Get our fabulous cruise booked and paid for!  This is a no brainer!!! 


So there they are.  I probably will add to this list as we get further into the next 7 months.  Hopefully, it will make the time go by faster, and give me something else to think about.  Its nice to be able to feel a sense of accomplishment on your own, while your husband is off saving the world. ;)




2 comments:

  1. dont forget to plan your visit to super exciting Columbus GA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE - especially the part about your Easter trip ;) lol I thought about making m list a little later..but I am exhausted..lol

    ReplyDelete