Thursday, February 17, 2011

30 day project- Day 2

Day 2- A picture of you and the person you have known the longest.


Me and Liz, July 2009
 That's my baby sister.  I've known her since March 2, 1986.  Just under 25 years.  We were both born on the 2nd, we were born on the only "M" months, and we were both born on Sundays.

We haven't always loved each other, heck, we haven't always liked each other!  I'm not sure how our parents were able to handle the whole door slamming, girl screaming thing- it happened a lot.  We really hated each other growing up.  But the second I left for college, I missed my sister the most.  I realized just how important she was to me, and how much I actually liked having her around.  We are 4 years apart, but I don't ever remember her being my annoying little sister.  I was never embarrassed of her, I was always proud of her.  I still am for that matter.

October 6, 2007


She knows 100 different ways to annoy me, but on the flip side, she knows about 1,000 different ways to make me feel better.  She's always there when I need her- she flew down to Jacksonville the night Randy left for his second deployment, she was my date for the ball when Randy was deployed in 2006.  She has an amazing ability to just know when I need her, and half the time, I don't even have to ask.  She's just there.  

Its been hard for us the last few years, because of the military and because of the distance.  I never thought I would be so far away from my sister- it still makes me sad each day.  Luckily, I know she's only a phone call away.  Or, if the situation requires it, a 4 hour car ride.

I love you baby sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment