Thursday, June 2, 2011

Looking Forward



I went to Target today to buy my new planner.

It's probably incredibly old fashioned, but I still buy a paper planner where I can write everything down.  I've been doing it for YEARS, and I am a stubborn Taurus, and have no intention of changing anytime soon. 

It keeps me organized, as well as my darling husband, who would forget his head if it weren't attached.  (I of course say that in the most loving way possible- but really, when it's not Marine Corps related, Randy has a hard time remembering ANYTHING.  Except my birthday and our anniversary.  He's surprisingly good at remembering the "important" dates.)

Anyway.....   

I am now sitting here filling in all the things that will be happening July 2011-June 2012.   It's making me pretty excited- and a little nervous at the same time.  There are a LOT of big things happening between those dates!

Just between now and the end of 2011, we have HOMECOMING, a big move back to NC (still no clue when exactly this will happen), I will be looking for a new job, the 236th USMC Birthday Ball that will NOT be in the gym (yea for no high school dance!!), and of course the holidays.  Decisions will also be made about what exactly Randy wants to do when he grows up- I told him to just wait to make that decision until he is back home, and we can actually have a decent conversation about it.  (I still think he is going to re-enlist though- its just a matter of what he wants to do with that re-enlistment!)

The first half of 2012 is shaping up to be pretty good too- at the end of January will be our celebratory cruise, and in May will be my (gulp!) 30th birthday.  Still having a bit of a problem with that number- but it is what it is, and I have a good 11 months to wrap my brain around that one! I've already informed Randy that I am going to need something sparkly from the islands to celebrate my birthday and make me feel better about being 30.... ;)

It's nice to be able to look forward like this- and know that there are so many great things that are going to happen.  For a girl whose husband is deployed, I think it makes each day a little bit easier. 

2 comments:

  1. I am an avid planner user also (and a Taurus lol!)
    This makes me excited for you!!! It's such a great feeling to see your months so FULL! :)

    ReplyDelete