Tuesday, May 24, 2011

3 months down! Update

Ok, I really feel like I JUST wrote my 2 months update.  Time is flying, and I am loving it!!! 

The last 4-5 weeks have been busy, busy, busy, which is exactly what I needed.  

~I went to California for a week to visit one of my good friends, Christina.  Her husband is also deployed, so we had a great time doing things I KNOW Cory and Randy would have absolutely hated. (Although I'm pretty confident that they would have suffered through it all as long as us girls were happy!  What great guys we have!!!)  We went to the Flower Fields, did some shopping, went to a winery, watched the sunset on the beach (twice!), and just hung out and relaxed.  I had such a fabulous time- Christina did a great job of convincing me to go West Coast some day! 


Wilson Creek Winery, Temecula CA
on the beach- Camp Pendleton, CA

The Flower Fields, Carlsbad CA

~My parents came down to help me celebrate my 29th birthday.  We went to Historic Occoquan and did some shopping, and visited the old workhouses where the suffragettes were taken during the Womens' Rights Movement.  I'm still a little bit in shock that I am less than ONE year away from 30.  I've always told Randy he would eventually surpass me in age- I think we have finally reached that point... ha!  Osama bin Laden kinda put a damper on my happy day- but I still got my phone call from Randy on my birthday, so I guess I can't complain too much!

~Mocha hurt her leg..... ugh.  Everyone already knows about this.  But she's slowly getting better, and the treatments she is getting will stretch out until Randy gets home.  Then he can help me deal with this! Haha!  But that was a HUGE distraction this month- which really was a good thing.  I was so busy worrying about my poor puppy that I forgot to worry about everything else!

~My mommy's retirement party, and a fabulous trip to NYC with my family to see Mary Poppins.  I LOVE that movie.  It's definitely one of my favorites, which is the same reason my sister HATES that movie.  I used to make her watch it with me all the time, and then act it out with me too.  Oh, the joys of being the "big sister" haha.  It was such a fun weekend, and I was so happy to be able to spend time with my fam.  We also ate at this fabulously fun restaurant called Ellen's Stardust Diner.  The waiters and waitresses are all trying to make it on Broadway- so they sing and dance the entire time you are there.  Apparently one of the waitresses was recently hired in Sister Act on Broadway, and now is up for a Tony Award... so cool!
SURPRISE!

Me and Liz- at Ellen's Stardust Diner

so exciting!!


~Randy is still doing well, as are all of his guys.  I still hear from him about once a week, which is good.  I've been very lucky to have predictable phone calls at normal human hours.  That's good too, because we actually have normal conversations, instead of me trying to shake myself out of a sound sleep and piece together some sort of response to his questions. I write him a letter every day, and he has been keeping a journal for me.  He also hinted that he is working on something else for me- although I am completely clueless as to what that is!

~I've already got homecoming on the brain- big time.  We have a photographer booked to be there when he gets off the bus, and I am super excited about that.  I am also planning a homecoming party for him when he gets home.  That will be up at my parents' house in PA.  I'm pretty excited about that too. 

~All in all, I have a lot to keep me busy, and I've only had a handful of "those days", as well as a few minor problems.  I'm definitely not complaining though! 

***Next stop- HALFWAY, and the 4 month mark!  I LOVE knowing that soon, there will be more time BEHIND us than in FRONT!***

1 comment:

  1. I love your moms retirement party pics...LOVE them!! and I am so glad I could convince you to come to the West Coast :) lol

    ReplyDelete