Thursday, June 9, 2011

Halfway! (A goals update)

Ok, so at this point, we are about halfway, give or take a few days for some in our unit. 



Thanks Leah for letting me borrow your donut!  Yea for halfway!!

So, in order to keep me pushing forward with my deployment goals, here's where we stand.

1.  Pay off my car. 
     ~Done! I actually did that in April- 2 months ahead of when I would have been finished anyway.  I felt quite accomplished, especially when I received the car title in the mail.  Until I realized that the state of PA had spelled my name wrong.... thanks, Pennsylvania!

2.  Get organized and clean out.
     ~We are getting there.  This is a constant work in progress for me!  I am trying to be better about just throwing things away though.  Those shows like Hoarders kinda freak me out!

3.  Lose 15-20 lbs.
     ~ Also getting there, also a constant work in progress.  I am about halfway to the lower end of that goal, which sounds good to me for the first half!  Our cruise in the winter is definitely my motivation.... I want to rock a bikini body this time around! 

4.  Have a savings account again.
     ~Well, we were getting there.... but Mocha had other plans for me!  That was definitely a setback, although it didn't hurt financially as much as it could if she needed to have that $3500 surgery!

5.  Have at least one fun something to look forward to each month.
     ~Done!  My calendar is filling up, and I am much busier than I was counting on!  Next weekend I am headed down to NC for our halfway battalion beach party, in July I am planning on making it to State College, and home for a baby shower, and in August I am meeting my parents in Baltimore for a Yankees game!  September is obviously reserved, and no plans are being made beyond the first week of the month.  That halfway trip I had tried to plan kinda blew up in my face- also thanks to my puppy- I was so wrapped up in all of that drama I honestly completely forgot... sorry ladies!

6.  Get our fabulous cruise booked and paid for.
     ~We are BOOKED on the Carnival Miracle for January 29, 2012.  8 days in the Southern Carribean- I am so looking forward to the break from reality, and well deserved time with my family and husband.  We are going to have so much fun!!

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how much I've accomplished so far.  The time is flying- I cannot believe it is June 9th already!  I'm going to kick the rest of this deployment's tail- and keep kicking these goals down too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment