Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Life Changing

It's amazing how one moment can change your life.

(I know, it sounds very profound and deep.)

9 years ago today, (seriously?? nine?) Randy returned home from his very first deployment, and one moment essentially changed my life.



I remember every single detail about this day, and I honestly hope I never forget.  I remember the drive down to North Carolina, and the excited energy, the constant chatter to stay awake, the VERY early morning breakfast on the road, me getting changed in the Burger King bathroom on base, and then not-so-patiently waiting and reading a book in the rental car.

I remember a Marine wife passing out tiny yellow ribbons for us all to wear.  

I remember the screams of delight as the buses drove towards us... then away from us to make a stop at the armory... then towards us again... and past us when they missed the entrance to the parking lot.

I remember seeing one smiling face through the dark tinted windows of those glorious buses.  

Then, this.




I immediately knew I was right where I belonged.

For better or worse, this one moment- this one hug- has defined who I am, and who I have become over the last 9 years.  It has taken me on a journey that I had never even considered, but somehow is exactly the journey I am meant to be on.  



No comments:

Post a Comment