Friday, September 6, 2013

6 months

I'm going to be honest.

I'm bitter and cranky.  I am not so happy about the 6 month mark this time around.

Let me explain.

For the last 4 deployments, 6 months down would mean leave dates, mail cutoff dates, and some sort of beginning of hints of return dates.  At this point, we would be a handful of weeks away from homecoming.

And now I still have two freaking months left.  It doesn't sound like a lot- especially because at this point, 6 months is a pretty decent chunk of time- but right now it feels like a lifetime.  Especially with everything happening in the world right now- I just want my guy home.  Now.  

BUT- at the end of the day, we are 6 months closer to homecoming- so I will try to stay focused on that.

I'm still bitter though.

anyway....

Highlights of month 6:

- road trip to Florida for our cousin's wedding!  We had a fantastic time playing tourist, and of course seeing family.  I got to spend a lot of time with Emma- so it was definitely worth it.  Next time though, I need to factor in the next day drive when I am drinking and dancing the night away!


 





-I completed 250 sit ups a day for the entire month of August.  This was to help raise money and awareness for my favorite organization- Hope for the Warriors.  In total, I did 7,750 sit ups.  For someone who does not work out, I am pretty proud of myself! (I am also working on another guest blog for Hope for the Warriors- so stay tuned for that!)

-Day trips, beach time, and dinner dates with friends- I am still so happy to be back!

-I UNPACKED THE LAST BOX!!! 41 days after our household goods were delivered- the last box was unpacked, and everything inside was put away.  I'm also just about done decorating and organizing the house overall- I just need to pick up a rug for the dining room, and a TV stand for the boy's "man cave".  

-FaceTime!  The boy was FINALLY in port- so we were able to chat, and he was actually able to take a tour of the house.  Have I mentioned lately how grateful I am for technology??





I also got a lead on a job, but the downside is, the company is still waiting to hear if the contract is approved, so I am also waiting... In about a month though I should know either way what's going on.  Good thoughts and positive vibes are appreciated- not just for me, but that the contract is approved!!

Whew- it was a busy month.  I am glad to see it go though.  I am continuing to focus on the positive as much as I can... and hopefully my bitterness will go away soon.  

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment