Friday, February 8, 2013

A Weekend Away

Just like last deployment, one of my goals is to have one fun thing to look forward to each month.  It doesn't matter how small (like a pedicure), or how big (a week long trip to Cali)- I am going to stay busy!

Even though the boy is only away training, I still wanted to do my best to keep busy while he was away.  Lucky for me, one of my closest and oldest friends is pregnant with twins- so  I got to head home this past weekend for her baby shower.  

Now, for those that know me- bridal showers and baby showers don't necessarily rank very high on my list of favorite things.  But when it means that I get to see some of my favorite ladies... I am all about it.





 It was so wonderful to be able to spend even a little bit of time with my "sisters".  We don't get to see each other as often as I would like, and I miss them terribly.  I was reminded again though what an amazing support system I have- each of these ladies has a LOT on their plate- but they were quick to ask how I was doing, and how the boy was doing.  I can't tell you how much that meant to me.


I also got to show off my crafty side... I made some diaper cakes for the shower.  (I'm really quite proud of how these turned out- I surprised myself!)




 My favorite part of the weekend though was getting to spend time with my sister and my sweet little niece.  Emma is 8 weeks old now, and she's already changed so much since I saw her at Christmas.  I was happy (for selfish reasons) that my sister and niece were at home all weekend.  It's rare that I get to spend that much time with my sister- and when we were getting ready for the shower, I felt like I was in high school again, as she was bugging me to borrow my makeup and some random hair products I brought with me. It was actually pretty fun!

I got to snuggle a lot with this little lady:

 
And I loved every second of it.  Having Emma around now definitely makes it harder to leave PA.... I wish I was much much closer to home so I could see her every day.  (I'm secretly still hoping for orders close to home once this deployment is behind us.)

So, Mission Stay Busy was a success for the month of training.  Stay tuned for more deployment adventures.... anybody want to come visit?? I make a GREAT tour guide!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment