Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012... Hello 2013

Another year is about to be behind us.

A brand new year is in front of us.




Honestly, I'm not completely sure where the last 365 days have gone, but I am not so sad to put 2012 behind us.  

It has been a challenging year... definitely a roller coaster full of ups and downs.  I was cautiously optimistic that 2012 would be the year that the boy and I would actually get to live under one roof again, but of course the Marine Corps had other plans for us.  

I've been reminded that I need to be patient, always be Semper Gumby, and that everything happens for a reason.  

I've learned that things will happen when they are meant to, not when I want them to, and that good things happen to those that wait and persevere.

Things will never be perfect- but then again, I am not striving for perfection.  

2012 taught me some valuable lessons- and I am sure that 2013 will teach me even more.

2013 will bring us a promotion (Hello SSgt Williamson!), a deployment, new experiences with new family members (I'm an auntie now!), a happy homecoming, and lots of new adventures to fill the days while the boy is floating around the world.

I am looking forward to seeing what the year brings!

Happy 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment