Monday, November 5, 2012

Vote!



This is the 4th Presidential Election that I have had the privilege and duty of voting in.

I have never gotten one of those fun little stickers though, because I have always voted by absentee ballot.  In 2000 and 2004 I was a Penn State student.  In 2008 and now in 2012 I am a military spouse.

But that hasn't stopped me.  This year I requested my absentee ballot on the very first day Pennsylvania allowed you to request ballots.  I sent it back within 2 days, and felt... proud? happy? excited? All of the above really.

It is really an honor for me to be able to exercise my right to vote, a right that my husband has fought to protect.  (Yes I know I am dragging my military spouseness into this, but hey, its true!)  

This is going to be short and to the point- make sure that you exercise your right to vote tomorrow.  I am not so concerned with the who part- although I think everyone knows that there is a particular candidate I prefer more than another- but you need to get out there and vote.  

It is incredibly important.  Men and women have died protecting our freedom to vote.

It is our right, responsibility, duty, and honor as an American.  

DO IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment