Thursday, September 15, 2011

Deployment Goals- the FINAL Update!!

Ok.  Seriously.  Where have the last 29 weeks of my life gone???



Somewhere in the midst of the madness- time has flown by.

And this girl is NOT complaining.

As I type this, my darling dearest is on the move, and I can count on ONE hand the number of days left until I see him again.

The anticipation is just about enough to drive me crazy. 

But regardless of how slowly these next few days drag.... the end result is the same.  Randy will be home, safe and sound.  And deployment number 4 will be behind us. 

I thought now would be a good time to revisit my goals and see where we stand. So here we go:

1.  Pay off my car- still done, and still a great feeling!  I get into my car and say to myself- "Look at me in my paid off car!!" ha!

2.  Get organized, and clean out.  Turns out I was a little more organized than I thought.  This didn't keep me as busy as I had hoped.  I left Randy's uniform closet for him to deal with though- that sucker is a hot mess, and I'd probably get in trouble if I attempted to deal with the uniforms!

3.  Lose 15-20 lbs.  I am down 15 lbs (depending on the day!) since the boy left!

4.  Have a savings acccount again- Mission accomplished!  Although I don't think I saved enough- I always kick myself right about now- and wish I would have done things a little differently and saved some more.  Oh well.  It is what it is!

5.  Have one fun something to look forward to each month- also done!  Thanks to all my fabulous friends and family for keeping me way more occupied than I thought I would be.  It is thanks to you that time has gone by so quickly for me!

6.  Get our cruise booked and paid for- Well.  About that.  It's booked, but I am scared to pay any more on it.  With so much up in the air right now, there is just no telling what January will hold.  So until some decisions have been made, that is on hold for the moment.  Although I am pretty sure we will be able to go.  You just never know what the Marine Corps has in the works for you!

All in all, I feel successful and accomplished. 

Regardless of the outcomes of my goals, the deployment is behind us.  I survived it with my sanity and dignity intact.  I hope I also made it through with a little bit of grace, patience, and understanding. 

But most importantly, Randy is on his way HOME!  What more could I need or want???

No comments:

Post a Comment