Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A title and the basics

Well, here I am.  

I am a blogger.  Not sure if I have anything all that interesting to say, but I guess we will find out.  I'll start this out the same way I did my facebook "PSA" the other night- My intention will never be to offend, piss off, or otherwise annoy anyone who reads it.  I'm betting though that my primary followers will be my friends, and you all know me well enough to know what I mean when I say something. (At least I hope.)


Anyway- the basics of me are this:  I am 28, married, a Marine wife.  I have parents who would still move heaven and earth if I needed them, and a sister who would be right behind them.  My husband has been in the Marine Corps for just shy of 8 years, I have been around in some way or another for that entire time.  We are about to begin our 4th combat deployment, and much to my dismay, they do NOT get any easier.  In fact, I'm fairly confident this will be the hardest deployment- at least emotionally.  So I think this blog will mostly turn into a way for me to vent over the next 8-9 months or so.  We shall see.  I'll try not to complain too much, because I really do love being a Marine wife and everything-good and bad-that goes along with it.

Coming up with a title was the hardest part of this whole "blog" process.  I HATE coming up with titles- which is slightly strange, since I have a degree in Journalism.  I just don't consider myself a witty enough person.  I'm much more straightforward.  So the title comes from one of my deployment CD's Randy made for me a few weeks ago.  When he was deployed in 2006, this song was on the radio a LOT.  All American Rejects- Move Along.  I listened to this song constantly, at top volume, and screamed along with the lyrics just to clear my head.  Every time I am feeling off, or out of control, I turn it on and really listen to the words:


Speak to me, when all you got to keep us strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through move along 

To me, it makes everything else seem insignificant- because all you need to do is move along.  That's it... which sometimes is easier said than done. So, when all you've got to keep is strong, move along!



1 comment: