Saturday, October 6, 2012

5 years


Today is our 5th wedding anniversary.


Where has the time gone? I don't feel like it has been 5 years... but then again, I also don't feel 30, and it is hard for me to believe it has been 8 years since our very first deployment.

But- 5 years it is.  October 6, 2007.  We were lucky enough to have a lot of fantastic friends that traveled 600 plus miles to be with us to celebrate. (Our wedding party alone traveled probably 5000 miles total to be with us... now those are some good friends!)  I am still incredibly thankful to each and every one of them that was able to make it.  I'm sad that some of those friends we have not seen since that day, but I do know that eventually our paths will cross again. I just know that I have some incredible memories of that weekend, and we were just so lucky to share it with so many people.

We have been through a lot in 5 years... but even more in the 8 years we have been together.  Every challenge and experience has brought us to exactly where we are today, and I am incredibly thankful for every obstacle that we have come across.  It has only made us better and stronger- because we did it together.  

I am thankful to be married to a guy that seems to find a new way to make me laugh every single day.  He encourages me, challenges me, and drives me crazy on a daily basis.  He is willing to sacrifice so that I can be successful. Overall, I am a pretty lucky girl.  I am thankful for what I have- a pretty awesome husband.... who is a complete goofball and does stuff like this on our wedding day:

Why yes... of course he did that!


I can't wait to see what the next 5, 15, 50 years hold for us!

Happy Anniversary babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment